Thursday, February 19, 2009

Late night blahblah.

Three-thirty in the morning. What am I doing awake? Not sleeping. Twenty-one hours from now and I will be a legal adult. As long as I've waited for this to come, and as many times being under age has gotten in the way of things in my life, I'm actually quite scared that it's actually happening.
It's not so much my birthday or the fact I'm turning eighteen, it's everything else that's coming along with it. Starting Friday, I am completely responsible for myself and all of my own actions. I mean, I have considered myself to be a pretty responsible and independent person for the past year or so, but now that I have to be, it just seems different. Even more-so now that I'm moving. I never really planned to even move out of the house right when I turned eighteen, let alone the city. To another one three hours away. I could be staying in Eugene, going to one of the cosmetology schools here, but really where's the adventure in that? When will I have to chance again to really experience a new town, meet new people, and just get away from everything, even if it is just for a while? If I were to stay in Eugene, things would stay the same. I would work at the same places, see the same people, do the same things. I would stay the same. No need for change. But leaving all of that behind will require some growing. Learning and adjusting. This is all I've ever known and I'm ready to know MORE.
I wish it were easy as it sounds though. Although, I know I'm going to have fun, it really isn't going to be the same without my best friends. I love all of my friends dearly, but there are two in particular that I'm really going to have a hard time without.
Justin/Apple and I have known eachother for around four years now. Since we met, he has been someone I know I can trust and talk to about almost anything, and someone I can count to really be there for me when I need it. I can't imagine him not being my best friend. I don't want to.
Katherine/Peach and I officially met in English class during freshman year. I was making elephant noises and she was snorting, I'm pretty sure. We didn't really become friends until the end of that year, but ever since then we have been unstoppable. We're very different people with different lives, coming from different backgrounds, with different dreams, but it works. Even with all of our differences, we're able to stay on the same page. She is the best friend I will ever have, partially because there is no one like her, but mostly because I refuse to live without her.
It's not going to be easy knowing that I won't be able to just hang out with either of them whenever I want to. I wish I could take them both with me, especially since I don't know a single soul in Bend besides the family members I'm moving in with (which I'm very thankful for!).
I have a little over a week left, so I guess we will just have to make the best of it...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I LOVE YOU! I'm pretty sure that you are the most mature, level headed "almost" 18'er that I've ever known...maybe including myself.

    I'm sure you won't have any issues keeping yourself busy here. I know you'll miss your friends still, but they are both more than welcome to come this way whenever they can, and I'm sure you'll still be going that way every so often too.

    I think it will all fall together and you'll adjust easier and quicker than you expect.

    ReplyDelete