Monday, February 23, 2009

Can't stop; won't stop.

For the past few years, my birthdays haven't really been ones to remember. People die, dogs almost die, and parties get canceled. I know, it really could be worse but it still just seemed like bad things seemed to happen around my birthday. So this year, I didn't want to get my hopes up about anything, which didn't really matter anyways since this whole weekend has been just about perfect.
My last day of work was Thursday so I was able to sleep in Friday morning a little bit. Mom made a big breakfast for me with biscuits and gravy and eggs and hashbrowns and orange juice. SO GOOD. My tattoo appointment was at one, but when I got there I realized I had left my wallet at home. Thankfully, mom was able to bring it to me and everything worked out okay. My tattoo turned out perfect and I absolutely adore it. Next, I went and had my haircut for the first time in almost a year. It was really weird to have someone else doing my hair but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Mom took me on a little shopping trip at Torrid for the last time before I move and I was able to see all the girls there, which was nice. Afterwards, Katherine and I headed to High Priestess to get my rooks pierced and the anchor in my chest done. I also finally got new nostril studs that match the anchor.
To wrap up the day, Justin, Katherine, and I went to Marie Callenders to PIG OUT on 5 different kinds of desserts. Such a satisfying sugar overload. Also, Katherine gave me my gift which is an amazing painting she did just for me to put up in my new room in Bend.
As if Friday wasn't a good enough, Taylor and I joined our birthdays together for Saturday night to have a super MUSTACHE BIRTHDAY BASH. I got to see a lot of people I haven't had the chance to see in a long time and probably wouldn't have had the chance to see otherwise before I leave.
I am so pleased with how well everything went this weekend. I really couldn't have asked for a better birthday/last weekend in town, which only makes this whole move a lot harder.
I just tried to start packing some things and I didn't really get very far. I have no idea where to start. What's going with me, what's staying here. This snuck up on me so fast.
I guess I should probably try to get one box done before I go to sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment